Royal Rewards book 2
Kensington Zebra (February 28, 2017)
This book is not currently offered for sale. To be notified when it becomes available, sign up for my newsletter.
Georgette Frost’s time is almost up. On her twenty-first birthday, the protections outlined in her late parents’ will are set to expire. With prospects for employment or marriage unfavorable at best, she decides to leave London and join her brother, Benedict, on a treasure hunt for gold sovereigns stolen from the Royal Mint.
Lord Hugo Starling has always felt protective of his friend Benedict’s sister, Georgette. So when he discovers her dressed in ragged boy’s clothes, about to board a coach for parts unknown, he feels duty bound to join her search. But mystery piles upon mystery as they cross England together, not least of which is the confounded attraction between them. As Georgette leads him to a reward he never expected, Hugo realizes he’s embarked upon the adventure of a lifetime…
Story elements: Best friend’s little sister, treasure hunt, road trip, medical
References to death of family member
A Fresh Fiction Box Not to Miss selection
“Rapier-sharp wit, dynamic characters, humor and action combine masterfully in this second Royal Rewards installment. Romain keeps her fans enthralled with a suspenseful story peppered with laugh-out-loud scenes and heated sexual tension.”
–RT Book Reviews, TOP PICK
“This spirited romance is charming, witty and engaging, and romance readers won’t want to miss out on this delightful story.”
—Night Owl Reviews, TOP PICK
“Theresa Romain’s witty pen is immediately evident in Passion Favors the Bold. Among histrom writers, Romain is gently humorous and deeply compassionate towards her characters and never more so than in her second Royal Rewards romance.”
—Miss Bates Reads Romance
“A romantic treasure hunt that sizzles! …Theresa Romain is my new favorite writer of Regency romance.”
About the Book
- In Fortune Favors the Wicked, I had established that Hugo had medical training–and that became a large part of his character in Passion Favors the Bold. Since I have no medical training at all, I hit up my doctor brother with all sorts of alarming questions. By now, he knows that when I text him something like, “How can someone be shot in the shoulder without permanent injury?” it is for a book. I swear.
- The research for this book was more far-ranging than for most of my others. Since it’s a road-trip treasure-hunt romance with a doctor hero, bookseller heroine, and bon vivant host, I needed to know how to send people across England by coach, amputate toes, import wine from the Continent…you name it. Just as Georgette and Hugo never grew bored with their adventure, I didn’t either!
- I am notoriously fond of coconut. Mrs. Drupe, a passenger in the first mail coach Hugo and Georgette ride in, is named in honor of coconut’s botanical classification.
- Callum Jenks, the dogged and dry-witted Bow Street Runner, gets his own HEA in Lady Rogue.
- For the visual inspiration behind characters, objects, and settings in Passion Favors the Bold, check out the book’s Pinterest board.